Saturday, March 19, 2016

Regrets!


In the world we live in today, one of the biggest regrets we may have is posting something to a social media outlet. We have become such a social butterfly, whether it’s with an actual human interaction or posting a status update, we strive to keep everyone up to date with our hour to hour progress through life.
I’m almost 31 years old. I have been called Anti-Social by many people. I have heard the term “Hermit” several times to explain my willingness to stay home and partake in some gaming. This can date back to nearly 15 years ago. What changed back then? What made me become a “Hermit” or “Anti-Social”? Short answer would be the computer. The computer was given to me by my Grandmother when I was roughly 13 years old. The first few years I hardly touched the machine. I pop in a game or two, and eventually learned the internet.
Do I regret every getting a computer? Of course not, the computer changed my life for the better. At a time when I needed something to look up to, something to challenge my skills, the computer gave me guidance, it kept me away from the drugs and alcohol, it protected me from the aggressive peer pressure.
Am I anti-social, am I a hermit? Doubtful as much as I believe I may very well be, I surprisingly enjoy interaction with those who I trust. Those who aren’t the social butterfly, those who aren’t looking for pity, or looking to produce another round of drama. I enjoy spending time around the laughter, the jokers, and the classroom goof. It’s what makes me enjoy what I do for a living, and what keeps me getting up in the morning for another day of chaos.
This is what this blog is all about. It is not about how my day went, or about how upset I am at a friend. It is not about the pity I’m looking to receive, or the depressed status I may be in. It’s about the reason for laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment